CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fire fighter birthday

Shea thinks he wants to be a fire fighter when he grows up. And he REALLY wanted a fire fighter birthday party this year. So we took some friends to the fire station for his party. It was very fun! The kids got lots of good fire safety info, they got to see all the equipment, climb on the truck and even shoot the hose!! What's not to love??!! Thanks LAFD!
(Although it was a close call at the beginning, our tour started by the engine getting a call, and us watching them leave! Luckily it was a quick call and we were able to wait until they got back to have or tour - but I think the kids were a little confused to get there and then wave goodbye to them! :-)
Waving goodbye!

Wow these guys are cool!
And man, they have cool equipment!
Shooting the hose. A fan favorite!
Teaching them how to crawl below the smoke. (This was very cute, he had them crawling all around the place. )

Coming down the firefighter pole! There were lots of requests to try this!!
Shea and firefighter Jun. How cute are they?
Then presents and Fire Truck cake. Not my finest cake ever, I have to say. I decided not to do fondant, which is easier, but sloppier looking. Oh, and I'm pretty sure there's not a truck out there that leans like that in the front. :-) Oh well, it tasted good and the kids sure didn't care if it was leaning.


I did however, think my fire cupcakes turned out super cool.
Thanks friends!!

4 comments:

  1. Shea has the coolest parties---makes me want to be a firefighter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blow me out, Jenna! Just blow me out! I've been waiting for this cake. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun - and what a cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great party! Loved it all!! :)

    ReplyDelete