CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hospital Trip 2011

We haven't been to the hospital yet this year. And here I was thinking we'd make it through this year without a trip!! Alas...

It's cold here and my kids are bored, so I promised them yesterday we'd go to this awesome indoor play place this afternoon. They have tons of trampolines and foam pits. A huge rock wall, etc. etc. We were having a great time when Shea fell off a platform while climbing up to trapeze into one of the pits.
He didn't loose consciousness, but I knew he was really hurt. I mean he's a pretty big wimp, but he was being even wimpier than normal and thankfully mom's know when things just aren't right! I was pretty sure he had a concussion so we headed up to the doctor's. So glad we did, he threw up right when we got there and a few more times after that - definite sign of a concussion. The Dr. confirmed it and sent us to the ER for a CT scan. (Anybody know how much one of those is going to cost?? - Yikes!!!) Thankfully the scan came out good. Concussion, but no serious brain injury.

Things Shea learned today: A liquid diet for 12 hrs rocks - milkshakes, milkshakes, milkshakes! A concussion is called a brain shake in German and Dutch (this is now his preferred term) and a concussion gets you out of school the next day (awesome) and out of PE for 2 weeks (not awesome).

Poor kid at home afterward clutching his hospital vomit bag and waiting for the Tylenol to kick in:


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, he looks so sad! Concussions are no bueno. TJ got one when he was about three. I can't remember if I told you about it, but I think I did. It was so scary. Glad he had his mother's intuition to get him straight to the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand how sad that all makes me feel. I love you Shea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this this week, and then the same thing happened to Cade, except he got it by running into a pole at D-land. It broke my heart to see him so hurt. I sure hope Shea is feeling muchbetter

    ReplyDelete