CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 22, 2012

One of my favorite Pinterest finds yet


I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this! We've had it a week now and it is totally, completely empty tonight. It's a healthy snack bin. Shea and Clare helped me pick, shop for, wash, cut up and bag all the veggies and fruit. Then we filled the bin. It has a little light ranch cup for each of them and celery sticks, mini cucumbers, baby carrots, fresh broccoli, clementine segments, grapes and some cheese sticks. The idea is any time they're hungry anything in the bin is fair game. No more snacks of goldfish, doritos or cookies!!! They have LOVED it and have eaten more vegetables this week than ever. They are such good eaters and love good food - I wish I'd done this sooner for them. We're off to the grocery store tomorrow to refill our bin - this week, we're adding pickles!!! :-)


2 comments:

  1. Jenna-
    I was so inspired by this that I went right out and purchased some little tupperware dishes for the light Ranch and tons more veggies. No, it did not take long to put them in baggies. Yes, the apples took a little bit but who cares. Thank you, Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to share one more thing. I, too, have quit purchasing crap food for my kids yet they constantly ask me for a "treat." I've decided that the word "treat" will mean what it did for me as a child: something special that was given once-and-a-while that might be food but might not. The kids get enough "treats" at school, church events or even Grandma's house which is perfectly fine by me! I just want my home to be one focused on the essentials so that the sugary treats WILL be an enjoyed "treat" when they are given. Love, Love, Love this post! Love ya-

    ReplyDelete