CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Baby Shea's first BLACK EYE




Ok, so it's not that bad, but it was his first black eye. Saturday morning was the fathers and sons activity for our ward, so about 9:30 I sent my boys off to the park for a morning of frisbees, fun and games. About 30 minutes later as I'm cleaning the kitchen there comes a frantic knocking at the back door. I walk around and there's Chris, holding my little guy, who is bawling his head off and who has blood and tears streaming down his face. Apparently a frisbee went awry and hit him in the eye and knocked him flat on his back. It hit him just at the corner of his eye and split the skin. He was pretty upset and so was his mommy, as we haven't had any accidents with Shea yet. I'm so grateful that I can say that this was the first real wound of his life and it was just tiny. I'm so so so so so so so grateful that I'm not one of the mom's who's been to the hospital on multiple occasions. AAAAGGGHH, too scary! He did get a black eye but it wasn't too bad. While very noticable in person, it was hard to capture in a photo, but here are the pics. :-)

2 comments:

  1. What are you doing to your poor child, Jenna?! Did you see those bruises on his arm? Do I need to call social services? :) Isn't it funny how the child gets over the accident much sooner than the mother. It's always so much more traumatic for us. I can only imagine the number of hospital visits goes up with every child so I'm sure you'll have that luxury sometime in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - - way too sad!! I'll kiss it better when I see him in 6 days!!
    Love Gamma

    ReplyDelete