CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Family Home Evening Packet Exchange

About 3 months ago, Megan, the enrichment coordinator in our ward, passed around a sign-up for people interested in a Family Home Evening Packet Exchange. The gist is that you pick a gospel topic and make a packet with a lesson, and stories and activities, songs and song aides, coloring pages etc. Then you do your packet for everyone in the group and then you get one of each of theirs. I thought it sounded so great that I eagerly signed up. Who doesn't want a bunch of ready-to-go packets for FHE? Well... it turned out to be A LOT more work than I ever thought it would be, and, it cost WAY WAY WAY more than I was anticipating, but....................................
We exchanged our packets last night and they are SOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! I can NOT wait for FHE! We almost wanted to rush home and wake up our kids to do one of our awesome packets. Every night is FHE at our house now. :-) My friends are SO creative! I can not believe how awesome these FHE lessons turned out! I have the funnest, coolest library of packets now that are ready to go on a moment's notice, especially for Shea's age group and so awesome. What a great way to teach Shea these important Gospel topics. WAHOO! In fact, we loved them so much last night that we decided to do ANOTHER exchange before we move. This time with scripture story lessons. I'm so excited!! (Maybe this time I won't procrastinate until the week before and it won't be so stressful!)
P.S. - Amber, Kamalani, April and Julie Jan - we should DEFINITELY talk about how awesome these are and I can forward you all the info and requirements and a sample so you can do them in your wards. They are AWESOME!!!! Let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I am incredibly interested. That is such a great idea. Send me all the info. aprilnaustin@yahoo.com. I have been thinking about coming up with more structured family home evening lessons. This sounds so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am interested. I always can use some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do share!! I am the most uncreative person when it comes to lessons. I so need FHE ideas!! We loved spending time with you in San Diego! I miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So when are we going to get going on these?

    ReplyDelete