CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Cakes

I just made my very own, homemade fondant!
I'm (obviously) very proud. :-)
Thanks little sis - cake maker extraordinaire! - for the recipe and the courage.

Yep! It's that time of year again. Birthday time. If you read this blog, you know I love making a cool bday cake for my kid. Well, as of yesterday, I now have two to make each year. Fun, fun. So my angel baby's first birthday was yesterday (post to come) and tomorrow's her party, which means cake (and mini cupcake) making today. Again, fun, fun! I'll (of course - cause I like the comments - just being honest.:-) post pics, but in the mean time, imagine gorgeous, white, smooth, silky, delicious HOMEMADE fondant!!! Wow!

First cake - I taught myself how to pipe stars


Second cake - I piped stars, experimented w/a little store bought fondant and tried cake shaping (my dino looked a lot more like a dragon - oh well.)


Third cake - I tested myself on cake shaping and went to town w/ store bought fondant!
Fourth cake - (photos to come - and while it won't be as impressive as Yoda, I'm not sure how to top that - it will be perfect for our sweet little Clarabelle.)

7 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me? These are AMAZING. Didn't you mean to be on the Food Network Cake Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cakes! Can't wait to see Clare's 1st little beauty! Happy Birthday to her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all! I wish you lived closer I'd hire you to make our birtday cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You could DEFINITELY get paid to do that! Nice work :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. You truly are amazing! I was so proud of the crayon box cake I made for Taylor's 2nd birthday...and it looks like crap compared to Yoda.

    In a few years, when I turn 40, I want a Will Smith or Kiefer Sutherland cake for me....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cakes are super impressive. I'm sure Shea loved the Tigger and Yoda ones, especially. Your talents amaze me! I vote you teach a cake-making enrichment class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, LOVE the yoda cake! The infamous yoda cake. You are such a pro! Can't wait to see what's in store for Clare...

    ReplyDelete