CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The love of his life...


was lost this weekend. The tears that have been shed over this. (Me and Chris included!!) My baby is beside himself. He honestly doesn't know how to be without his Tigger. Let me explain...

Someone gave me this little Tigger at my baby shower for Shea. We thought it was cute and stuck it in his crib when he was a few months old. He latched onto it immediately. We thought it was adorable (until we realized that our lives would be over if we ever lost it) so Chris got two identical ones on Ebay - long story short - he found those and for the past 2 years has had 3 Tiggers. Happy happy joy joy. Although only one is "Tiggeriffic!" And this is the one he loves. And this is the one we lost this weekend. And this is why my son is inconsolable. He is seriously not himself and asks where his Tigger is at least 20 times a day. And bedtime.... u.g.h! He is so sad, we can not stand it!

Tigger & Shea at 3 months:



at 7 months:

Almost a year:

At their first birthday party w/ Aunt Jaimee:

Tigger and Shea learning to walk
Shea has had one or more of his Tiggers with him for every big, little and in between moment of his life:








A highlight was introducing Tiggeriffic to the real Tigger. (A very big moment!!)

He even thought (very, very briefly) about sharing him with his new little sister.

And now he's gone. And while we realize that he's not a sentient being he feels like the 5th member of our family and he will be sorely (and I mean sorely) missed by all!!

10 comments:

  1. I can't believe that 2 spare tiggers wasn't enough. How horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so sorry, but so glad you have all the pictures and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is he for real lost? like you can't find him in any of the lost and founds in the laundry rooms or anything? OY VEY!!! I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is sad. I've always wished my kids would get attached to something. I guess "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all," won't really console a little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sad. I remember how attached Shea was to Tigger when I watched him when he was little! Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GASP!!! NOOOOooo!! Not Tigger!! Oh, Jenna. Oh, SHEA!! Wow. That would be akin to us losing all of our Bambi blankets. That would be meltdown city for the whole family. Tigger is a Flood, for pete's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how sad! hope you can find him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the most precious post. I can't believe how sad it must be. Tell him I can't wait to meet teddyriffic!
    Give him a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That just makes me cry! I remember we lost Lizzy's "kee-kee" in Wal-mart once and I started to bawl. I looked for a 1/2 hour and finally found it. I think their lovies mean just as much to us as they do to them. I hope it turns up miraculously - in the meantime, I hope this new one can fill those big tigger shoes!

    ReplyDelete