CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 27, 2009

LA Times Festival of Books

I decided that wild horses couldn't keep me and the munchkins away from a book festival this big. A festival of books?! Shea couldn't believe a thing existed, he was so excited. -Although, afterward he said it was much less fun than he thought it would be- Something I DID NOT want to hear after I fought my way through that many people (at least a million!) for over 2 hours.
We did have fun though - we saw three of our favorite authors/illustrators and caught the last 1/2 hour of a Playhouse Disney fav:
Choo Choo Soul!

The illustrator of the Fancy Nancys

Anna Dewdney - the author/illustrator of all the Llama Llama books -we love those!!!

And Eric Carle!!
(Did you know the Very Hungry Caterpillar is celebrating it's 40th anniversary this year, and that one of them is sold every 30 seconds somewhere in the world? Crazy!)

He had the kids call out animals to him as he drew a crazy mixed up animal. It was awesome! He is a legend and it was so cool to see him and hear him read!

We'll definitely go back next year. Who's coming with?! :-)

8 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I wish they did something like that in Salt Lake. I love the Fancy Nancy outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun, especially getting to see Eric Carle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why you live in California! SO many fun things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so fun! Just this morning my friend and I were talking about Eric Carle. I'll have to show her your blog and the cool pics!! I love how you have already instilled in your children a love for reading and learning and having fun while doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous. I would love to go. Maybe next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eric Carle actually has a really great blog that we've been reading for a while. You should check out:


    http://www.ericcarleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!!! WOW!!!!! We love those books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please include us next year! Would love to go..

    ReplyDelete