CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Beach

I mean come on! How stinking cute can one girl be??!!

Don't you love this suit?! Thanks Ney Ney for starting the girl out on the right track fashion wise. Goodness knows her mom can't be counted on for that.

(By the way - if you're a beach lover, you might want to skip this section, it'll be a real downer. :-)

We don't get to the beach much. I HATE it! Ok, I don't hate it. I definitely don't hate the ocean, I love that it's there, I love the cool ocean breeze that blows all the time here, I love looking at it - I just hate the sand. And I mean really hate it. It starts with packing up for the beach, it's such an ordeal - agh! And then trying to picnic there, sand everywhere, sand sandwiches, trying to keep it out of Clare's mouth, last time we were there she wouldn't stop sucking on sand covered carrots. Then there's making sure Shea, when he's brave enough to venture to the water doesn't get taken by the undertow and trying to keep all our extremely pale bodies sunburn free. It's exhausting. And then I get home and I have a sandy car, sandy junk everywhere, sandy kids who track all that sand in. You have to bathe everyone right away and re-clean the house and the car, do more laundry... Agh. I swear, I can only muster up the energy for it rarely. But they have such fun...



I don't know what other moms do because they really, really, and I mean REALLY love their kids, but I take mine to the beach. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love the suit! I know what you mean about the sand. We go camping on sand, three days of pure sand-much worse than one day at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...where did that suit come from? Seriously, I want to know. I have discovered the pure joy that can come from buying a bathing suit for your little girl. I've purchased two for Jaycie that are to die for, but I need more. So really...I want to know where you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To get sand off of little bodies, baby powder works wonders. By the time the kids walk to the car, the sand has dried mostly on them, then cover them in baby powder, and the sand will brush right off. (it doesn't mork if the kids are soaking wet).

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SPECTACULAR.................
    Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sand is evil.
    The swimming suit is divine!
    I MISS YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete