CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pirate Parrrrty!

Ahoy Mateys ~
Shea turned 4 this week and we had a big ole pirate bash. Complete with:

~All his friends!
(Next year I'm so going with the, you get one friend per year, you know, 5 years old, 5 friends - we had a blast this year, but it was a little chaotic!)

~A big pirate ship birthday cake!
(I hate that cake - that cake and I, we are NOT friends. It's just too disappointing to work for 8 hours and have it not turn out how you wanted. Stinkin' perfectionism!! Although, I will say, maybe, maybe it was worth it for the looks on their faces. How cute are they, tongues hanging out and everything?)
~A treasure hunt!
(Super fun, that I'd do again in a second.)

~Real pirates!
(Aka uninvited neighborhood grandmas stealing our party candy and party favors. I kid you not!! One grandma was stealing pirate gummies out of the bowl when she thought Chris wasn't looking. And another grandma (if you live between 3161 and 3191, you SO know who I'm talking about!) was walking around the playground waiting for kids to momentarily abandon their pirate gear,
which she was then taking and hiding under her coat!)

~And we can't forget the loads of awesome new birthday presents that Shea can't stop playing with.

Thanks so much everyone for making his day AMAZING!!!!!

That was some good ocean!

Just a boy and his best friend - laughin' 'bout pirate stuff. You wouldn't understand. :-)

(Thanks Morgs and Karly for the pics!)

8 comments:

  1. Jenna, I would love to see your mental picture of your "perfect" pirate cake! I love the one you made!! It's really cool! Love the Rolo and candle ship cannons! Awesome! You also did a great job creating violent waves. Shea's smiles are priceless, and it looks like all the kids had a blast.

    Oh, and are you kidding me about the clepto grandmas? That's unbelievable! What were they like when they were younger?! Maybe they've picked up some bad vices in their golden years, but I suspect that they never grew up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks totally amazing to me. You are definitely the QUEEN of B-day parties!! What a really fun thing - - should we sick a pirate on the thieves??? Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had so much fun!!! Your bashes are always the BEST! :) And I am still laughing about the two grandma's...only in the village :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Pirate parties..you did a great job with the cake..I wish that I was that talented ..Boys rock

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids have the best cakes in the world, do you know that? Looks like an awesome party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenna
    That was very, um, culturally tactful of you to not specify that the "grandmas" were old Chinese ladies. Maybe they were deprived during the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution and they are still adjusting to being in America, the land of plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. clarification -- not Joseph, but me! (Melissa)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenna- Whenever I see that someone in your family had a birthday, my heart begins to beat more rapidly as I anticipate the photo of the birthday cake. I know this cake is planned out mentally months in advance. I know this cake will fit the theme to perfection. I know that this cake will make the rest of us mothers look like crap. Last, I know this cake will make each child salivate until their lips touch the delicious icing you have worked so hard to prepare!

    ReplyDelete