CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Vacation!!!!!

My mom and dad rule! They flew us out to St. Louis a few days after we moved so we could get a break and have some fun and boy did we!!!!

We went to the Arch. So fun!!
I took this picture from the top of the arch of it's reflection in the Mississippi.
You had to ride these little "cars" up to the top. Shea dubbed it the "escape pod" and was convinced if something happened, it would release and we'd float away to safety. :-) It was soo claustrophobic, I was just trying not to hyperventilate the 6 minutes it took to get to the top.

Us with Grandma and Grandpa at the Arch:
We went to a Cardinal's game. We're making a habit of going to baseball games in every city that we live in or visit and this was one of the best! We had a BLAST!!

All except my cute niece Makell, who was NOT a fan of the fireworks and noise. :-)


We took a weekend trip to Nauvoo and Carthage. It was a really special trip. My little sister and Chris and I were able to go through a session at the gorgeous Nauvoo temple. It was so beautiful and so great to be there with Chris and my sis. Nauvoo was super fun, the carriage ride, the blacksmith shop, the family barn, we had a really good time. Carthage was especially touching and I'm so glad we were able to go and take the kids. I don't know if it made an impression on Clare, but I think Shea will always remember it.


We went to the St. Louis zoo:
Holding a giraffe vertebrae and a Zebra tail!




We had so much fun hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa, going shopping, eating out at their favorite restaurants and just enjoying each other!!

One day we did bubbles in Grandma and Grandpa's yard. Shea tripped over one of the little kids and ended up with 4 big wounds. Poor guy.
Reading stories with Grandpa:


Love you guys! Thanks for such a fun two weeks!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love a great trip and this one looked awesome! St. Louis: I've only ever flown through it. You all look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so wonderful to have you. It just went by so fast. But, we squeezed a ton of fun stuff in!

    ReplyDelete