CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Jaded Spring Boutique Show 2007

Well, the good news is it's over!!!!!!!!!! I've never been so glad for something to be over in my life. This little endeavor has been more work than I ever thought possible. The better news is that it went REALLY REALLY REALLY well!!

Surely everyone reading this knows that I did my first boutique show with my little jewelry company, Jaded. Here's a little background, Chris has been pushing me to ramp up the jewelry sales for years now as he's been sure that this would be a great way to make some extra money and because he's really proud of what I turn out, it 's really high quality, very pretty, hand made stuff. So he's been saying for a while that I should put together a new line of stuff and hold a Boutique party in our home where people can come order the display pieces or custom order exactly what they want. I've always resisted because first, I DO NOT have time for something like that and second I've never had the money that is required up front to do a show like that. So we were talking about it one day in December and suddenly my sweetie said that yes, acutally he did have the money to front it right now, if I was willing to go for it. And while I have a thousand things to do each week, grades weren't due for a while, I had some extra money for display pieces and advertising and I'd just finished my Master's Degree so there was a little extra time, so it felt like if I was ever going to do it, now was a good time.

Thus began this adventure and while, HOLY COW, it was sooooo sooooo sooooo much more work that I thought, it was also really fun. I ended up with 63!!! new pieces for the Spring Line. Which you can see in BEAUTIFUL photographs by Heather Walker Photography on the Spring Line Blog:

http://jadedjewelry.blogspot.com


While we certainly didn't get rich off this venture, we made our money back plus a little, it was good experience, I now have all my display pieces and I have some great contacts for photos and advertising and best of all, I have 23 NEW customers!!! Wahoo.

Check out the blog and email me with orders!!!

3 comments:

  1. Jenna! CONGRATS!! I am so happy for you! Everything looks fabulous. I am going to post your website on my blog and advertise for you!! You're so talented. I love your pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing with your friends. You have cute friends who would look great in my stuff. You'll have to help me sell it!! :-) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! I am so proud of you!! You are a very talented person!! Hey- I want to see some new photos of you. I am sure you look so fabulous!! I miss you and wish you lived closer to us!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete