CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A blog post? What?

As Clare would say, (or rather screech at the top of her lungs) "Whaaaaat?"
Has it really been 2 1/2 months since I posted? So... where does one start? Hmmm. At the beginning I guess. :-) (Jaimee Jo! This is for you! Okay, and my future blog book! :-)

Shea completed his first season in organized sports. I've never seen little boys as happy as these were when they were handed their T-ball trophies. Shea could not believe it was his to keep (it still occupies a place of honor in our home.) He honestly didn't know he was going to get one. He was so excited! And then there was Coach Daddy, who was as excited as the boys were. His first coaching job was fun, but he was happy, happy when we were done.


The kids got bunk beds in prep for Baby #3's arrival. They're big fans of their big kid beds. So far no falling off or broken bones. Knock on wood.


On memorial day this year we went out to Hollywood to visit Chris' parents' graves. It was a wonderful experience. I'm so glad we went and am looking forward to going again next year.



And Shea graduated from Pre-K! How we loved our first real school experience. Teacher Renee and Teacher Kim were absolutely amazing. I love those ladies and am so grateful for the kindness, patience and love they showed to my little man this year. We were so lucky to have them!!

Shea and his school buddies.


I adore this photo. This is Mimi. :-) Shea's first "girl" friend. At this age he didn't distinguish her from any other friend, but he definitely played with her more than any other girl. Her mom told me one day after school that she talked about Shea non-stop at home. I love her turning his face to look at her. And look at the two little girls on either side shying away from the two of them. It's tooooo cute!!


My adorable, sweet little man. I can't believe how big he's getting. I cry every time I think about him going to full day kindergarten in ONE month!! :-( I will miss him so.

3 comments:

  1. What a pleasant surprise to see something new! Cool idea to switch to bunk beds this early on so that Shea and Clare will be fully adjusted by the time they would have had no other choice. Their room looks great. I'm glad you were able to make Memorial Day more meaningful and special by visiting your in-laws' gravesides. Shea's "girl" friend is a cutie. That would be something if in the long-run they ended up together. You could put that photo on their wedding announcement or at least have it in their wedding video/slideshow. I can't imagine how hard it would be to send your first "baby" off to all-day kindergarten. Best wishes on making that transition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see a new post from you!!! The bunk beds looks awesome, we LOVE bunk beds. Kinley and Tanner just switched this week, actually. They decided between themselves that Kinley should be on the bottom and Tanner on top. LOL, never would have thought to do that on my own! Smooth transition though, wahoo! Shea's flirtation picture is awesome! So glad you were able to go to Hollywood on Memorial Day. Aren't cemetery's awesome? Who knew??????? I happen to really dig cemeteries these days. Ahhhh.... changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet experience you must have had at the cemetery.

    ReplyDelete