CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Root beer


Chris loves root beer. LOVES root beer. I can almost count on one hand the days of our marriage when he has NOT had one can of root beer. For special occasions I buy him Henry Weinhards. I'm not a root beer aficionado and even I think this one is superb. So on our anniversary I made a little trip to BevMo and picked up one of each root beer they carry. 22! I did not think there would be that many. We thought it would be fun to take notes on all those root beers and make a little root beer catalog. During our little root beer experiment, we discovered, The Root Beer Project. This guy is on a quest to brew the best root beer ever, so he's traveling and tasting and reviewing every root beer known to man. (And I thought 22 was a lot!) One of my favorite quotes, "Am I really writing about soda like a wine snob?" Yes, he is, but its cool and he has a great "recommended list" for the next time you're near BevMo and in the mood for a root beer.
(Oh, and by the way... our favorite is still Henry Weinhards!)

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And that is a lot of root beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine that a man who thinks he is half European (FRENCH, I mean) likes root beer! What can be less European than liking root beer? :)

    Miss you! Are you guys still moving back next year? If so, we need to get a plan in place to get you back at OCJH. Send me an email. XOOJOXOXOJody

    ReplyDelete