CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Countdown to Kindergarten Day 3

My little ones were so sick last night. It was a horrible night. Clare had a super nasty fever, it was that panting, shaking, shivering terrible kind. Her Tylenol finally kicked in and she fell asleep. 2 minutes later, Shea woke up with really bad stomach pains. He also said it hurt to breathe. He was crying and miserable. We were really worried about both of them. Chris went to bed around midnight and Shea finally fell asleep around 2am, right when Clare's Tylenol wore off. She was so so sick, I held her for an hour and then I couldn't take it any more, I wanted to distract her or something, anything to take her mind off it and get her to stop panting and crying so I turned on a princess movie. It worked like a charm and her Tylenol kicked in during the movie. I can honestly say I've never watched Cinderella at 3:30 in the morning before. What a treat. :-) (not really.) I finally got Clarey in bed at 4 and Shea woke up at 4:20 just as I was falling asleep, wanting more medicine. I got him taken care of and back in his bed. I FINALLY went to bed just before 5am. UGH! Chris, thankfully got up with the kids, who, incidentally, woke up at 8 singing! SINGING! I swear. I got up at 9:30 determined to still do Day 3.

We made it and had a really fun time.

My kids love, love, love the Natural History Museum. They could seriously go there every day and never get tired of it.

Elephants and the map of the museum. (Shea loves those maps and plotting our course around.)
The dino teeth puzzle at the dino lab. A favorite!


And we found a Chick-Fil-A in LA! There were some in SoCal, but way too far away to go to. I'm so happy to have one close-ish now!! My absolute favorite!!!! Theirs too!
Another fun day with my babies! I love them, I love spending time with them, I love this week, aside from the sick kids and no sleep that is. :-) Disneyland tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. What a special week for all of you. There is nothing better than time together. And believe me - I feel your pain about kindergarten. I'm sorry - you know what they say - "Every mother understands Satan's plan". Right?? We would keep them home and make all of their choices for them!!
    Give him a hug from Grandma.

    ReplyDelete