CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Our new place

Ok these are mostly for my mom who wants to see where we live now. It's very small, but very cute (IKEA furniture rules!) and I LOVE it!!!!

This is our front door. Not normally photo worthy, but check out the hotel-like entrance. We have cards and a code, not keys. Then we have a card to get through the pedestrian entrances and car gates, and a different card for the laundry room, oh, but a real key for our mailbox. (It gets very confusing.)

This is with my back to the front door. This is what you see as you enter. To the right is my super tiny kitchen, to the left is the dining area/office and straight ahead is the living room. Please don't fail to notice my NEW couch! Yes, Julie, I finally got a couch!!!! :-) Chris refused to get out of the way for the picture, Hawaii Five-O, or "The Five-O" to devotees, was on.





To the right of this central area is Chris and my bedroom and bathroom and to the left is Shea's bedroom and bathroom. There is a little hallway before reaching our room that has some really nice closet space and where we stuck a bunch of book shelves. And our bathrooms are both really big so that's nice.




This is the view from my front room. I love all the sun and trees!



This is what's below those trees, Shea's personal park.



So that's it! It's small, but it's clean and I think it turned out really cute considering. I still have to empty out some bins in Shea's room and hang pics in both bedrooms, and then there's the closet of shame. (You don't even want to know how much stuff is crammed into this one poor closet.) We love spending time at our new home and we'd love to have visitors! Not sure where we'd put you, but hey, come see us!!

8 comments:

  1. Your place is adorable! I'm glad you guys made it there safely and I don't envy you having to unpack. It's DREADFUL! We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted pictures! Now I can envision you in your sweet place! I shouldn't be so suprised that you are already so well unpacked and decorated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got to LA safe. Glad that everything is going well. Your ward sounds soooo nice. Love your list of the good and bad. Your place is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks so nice! It seriously doesn't look like it is that small. You guys did a great job in decorating. It look so cozy. And I love the new couch. It looks great!!! Can't wait to see you in like 5 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving is so stressful. You look like you handled it very well! Nothing feels better than setting up house. Heck, we've been playing 'house' since we were kids, right? ;) Glad you like your new area. Look forward to hearing about your adventures...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Your apartment is very adorable. I have a friend who's moving to LA and she's having a very difficult time finding a decent place to live. You are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You got your place all "home-y" in record time. I'm impressed. I'm still working on mine. :( Your place is so cute. I love your blog's new look...very fitting for the Flood family. It was so fun to see you & your boys even though it was only just for a little bit. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey sweetie,
    I think your little place is adorable. You can make anyplace feel like home. Shea's room looks so cozy.
    I love the info about Cali - you have a great attitude that will make your stay there so enjoyable. I love you a ton.

    ReplyDelete