CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 22, 2007

THE costume 2007!

Ok, I have to say, I am more proud of this baby than I was of Fat Elvis and the Smurf combined! After three straight days, 16 hours and more money than I expected, my masterpiece...
NAPOLEON

is complete!!!

Shea loves it and can't wait to be Napoleon "the nice soldier." We think the fact that we're calling him the nice soldier is pretty funny considering the Spanish and the Russians and the British and the Germans and all the rest of the countries he robbed, plundered and conquered didn't think so. But hey, I guess you have to do what you have to do so your 2 year old, the ruthless dictator, won't go around hitting all his friends with his sword. :-)



I made all of it except the tee-shirt (and I have to give props to Chris who is the hat designing master! His design was genius, totally true to the original and easy for me to make!) but the jacket is the best!

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH - its SPECTACULAR!!! I LOVE IT. You are going to have to go into business!! Tell him Grandma thinks he's the best soldier EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it!! You're putting us all to shame. I thought putting a piece of poster board around Audrey's body and adding a cone hat for a crayon was cool, but now? He looks so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un-stinking-believable!! That is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok!! You rock! I couldn't sew on a button let alone a beautiful Halloween costume. It is so beautiful!! Do you guys have a trunk or treat to go to??

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, jenna. you're quite the seamstress. great job. maybe tate will get to wear that masterpiece next year, huh? a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

    ReplyDelete