CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Breaking Dawn


I had to toss in my two cents here. I've been waiting a really long time for this, since when Twilight was published in early 2005, it was only the Jr High School librarians and their English teacher friends (biggest thanks ever Jen and Lisa!!!!) who were on this now ginormous bandwagon, so I'm especially happy to have it all FINALLY tied up nice and pretty for me. I really, really liked Breaking Dawn. I'm the sappy type though and for me, all the loose ends tied into a pretty package with a big bow, where everyone gets to be happy is perfect!! So it was everything I wanted and more. And tonight I listened to the live stream of the Breaking Dawn Concert at Royce Hall (Chris' bldg at UCLA!) and Stephenie didn't disappoint (again) and I really enjoyed Blue October, who I've never heard, as I'm not a huge music person and never listen to the radio. I have to admit I purchased two songs on I-Tunes when it was over and will be waiting for that My Never song next year. It was AWESOME. So, I'm sad for the days when you could walk up to Stephenie and take a pic with her and chat like you were friends, (sorry, I couldn't resist throwing this in. :-) but happy for her success. Mostly I'm just sad that I don't have another one to look forward to in a year or so -although she did say tonight that she can't imagine she's done w/ the Cullen universe (she is still working on Midnight Sun) and that Leah is especially a character she'd like to explore further - but she also mentioned something about 10 or 20 years so, I guess I won't hold my breath. :-( If you haven't finished it. Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I love Blue October...I've been listening to their music since about 2003. It is so good.

    And Twilight was my favorite...although the other books left me cranky. I'm slowly reading breaking dawn. But that might be more due to the fact that I've got newborn twins.

    It sounds like I'll be happy with the latest ending. Yea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna!! I absolutely loved it!! I thought it was a perfect ending to the series and I can't believe that people are upset about it!! I couldn't imagine it ending any other way. I agree, though, it's hard to put it down and walk away (although after seeing some of the things she's said, I'm interested in going back and reading the entire series in order to see the hints she was talking about). Question though: is it too intense for my recommended list in little old Utah county for 14-15 year olds? Or do I leave it off this year (even though I thought it was wonderful).

    I didn't get to listen to the streaming, but I've been on the lexicon and have read the transcripts and watched the interviews with Entertainment Weekly and I am so incredibly impressed with her--still!! I use her as an example in my creative writing classes for exactly what to do right, and I love that she is so willing to discuss her processes and characterization, etc.

    Do you remember when we went to the book signing for New Moon and nobody was there? Who would've thought!! I love the fact that I was an original to all of this fandom ;-) with you right there with me!! We have got to talk, compare notes, etc.--I emailed you about my move, but am not sure you got it--let me know if your email changed.

    PS. did you read The Host?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went back and read my post on the book and I forgot to tell everyone that I did like it and I was happy with the ending. I just said I was weirded out and disappointed...woops. What I mean was I liked the ending but there was one part that weirded me out. Hey, we will talk about it in person :) Don't want to spoil it for everyone. All I can say is Jacob grew on me...who would have thought?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it! She did a great job wrapping up the series. One thing about your picture, are her red eyes from the camera... or does she know more about this lifestyle then I thought?...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I've been waiting to hear how you liked it... I should've just checked your blog, hello! I loved it too, although I'm a little miffed that it's geared towards teens, it doesn't feel like juvenile lit to me anymore. But so way sappy cool!!!!!!! (Jeromy loved it too, if you're wondering) I tried to watch the Blue October thingy on the internet, but it was really slow, so I gave up. I was wondering if you went!! That's so cool!!! Man, I wish we could all go over to your place and discuss the many things we liked and loved. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete