CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The boy is a bit confused...

Tonight Shea and I were watching a Lakers game and when they showed a close-up of Kobe Bryant, we had the following conversation:

Shea: "Hey dad, look! It's Barack Obama."
Chris: "That's Kobe Bryant, but I guess he kind of looks like Barack Obama." (Not wanting to hurt his feelings)
Shea: "Yeah, he does. Guess what, dad? Barack Obama is mine and Tigger's favorite prophet."
Chris: "He's not a prophet, son... (he's about as far...) no, he's going to be President of the United States. President Monson is the Prophet, he's the President of the Church."
Shea: "Oh... then my favorite is President Hinckley, the one that died."

Not to worry Republicans, he later asked if "Johnson McCain" is a prophet too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that entertaining conversation! Shea knows a lot more about what's going on in the world of politics and the world of religion than most 3.5-year-olds. Don't think I knew the names of either kind of President until I was maybe 6. Good to hear that in Shea's mind Pres. Hinckley has been significantly upgraded from "wicked" (referring to a post from well over a year ago) to "my favorite"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shea is too funny! I couldn't stop laughing!!! And I'm glad to hear that he has a favorite prophet, too. Hinckley is a good choice.

    ReplyDelete