CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Shea's first chapter book!!

I'm finding it hard to believe that my baby is old enough to enjoy reading, and wants to read a big old chapter book with no pictures. We saw a preview for Despereaux the other day and Chris just went and got our copy of the book and started reading. They read 4 chapters! We read 4 more tonight and are LOVING loving it! I didn't know he'd stay tuned in and be able to follow it. But he does and he loves it. Books are such a huge, huge part of out lives that I am just so so so excited that Shea loves books. He always has, but chapter books now too. Wahoo!!

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear what chapter books you want to read to your kids. You always have a great list and I'm looking for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We Love that Book. I should have thought to send you a copy. I got like 6 copies free through my book clubs. Have you seen the movie? The two are so different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, baby! It's a whole new world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading your blog and keeping up with the Flood family, I'd liek to add you to our blog- we're going private, what's your email? Sr. Dalby

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute!! I've tried to read to Elisa from a chapter book, but with no luck...at least not yet. I'll keep trying. Maybe Shea can brag about it to Elisa so she'll want to do it too...:)

    ReplyDelete