CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Momma's Lap


Yes, this is my lap. :-)
I've been thinking a lot about my lap lately. I know that sounds bizarre, but it's true. "No! My lap!" is screamed at Shea (and sometimes Chris :-), by Clare at least 20 times a day, as one of them tries to claim "her" spot. They fight over my lap (luckily, when I can get them to share, it's big enough for both of them!! :-) -A good excuse not to diet I say!-
My babies want to sit in my lap to watch cartoons in the mornings, to read stories at bedtime, to eat snacks in the afternoon, to cuddle in when they wake up from naps, to sing songs, to cuddle in when they're tired and ready for bed, and especially when they're mad, sad or hurt. Sometimes I find myself thinking that I just want one minute to myself! But most of the time I just feel lucky. To me, my lap represents everything good about being a mother. I think about all those moments that they just want me! to hold them. To hold them tight and smell their sweet clean smell and experience all those moments with them. My lap and I are so very blessed!!

6 comments:

  1. Jenna-
    You embrace the little moments with your children and always have! I'll remember this post the next time I am just getting in the bathroom and someone is 4 ft behind me "NEEDING" me. XOJODY

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your lap is looking very thin. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool post! You make meaningful connections between everyday life and things of eternal significance. Your children are lucky to have you as their mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..you watch cartoons with your kids?? :) I read this post when you first posted it and I have been thinking a lot about it. It is such a small thing, but holding our kids is such a gift..that they want us, and that we can, and that we need each other. It makes me really grateful to be a mom.
    Great insights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew I was right when I decided way back when that I wanted to grow up to be just like you. :) Thanks so much for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

    ReplyDelete