CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 8, 2010

Central Coast

My mom and dad took us up the Central Coast for a week in Feb. We had such a blast! We really missed our Daddy, but he got so much done without us and we got totally spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa.
Being relatively new to California, I had no idea what the Central Coast was like. ITS SO BEAUTIFUL! We stayed in Pismo Beach and got to do so many fun things...

We played at the beach with our cousins, chased the waves and dug for treasures in the sand.

Hee hee.
We checked out the monarch butterfly park
(Uncle Matt, you got the best photo!)

We got to eat at the famous Cracked Crab! (Oh. my. delicious!)



We spent an afternoon with the elephant seals. They are so ugly! But you could sit there forever and watch them. (And no, they're not dead!)

We visited the Madonna Inn. Everything is pink! The paint, the cakes, the napkins, the sugar (seriously!) the benches and every last bit of the decor. I do not have a photo (thank goodness) of the giant waterfall urinal in the men's room. But I'm pretty sure peeing in a waterfall with grandpa was the highlight of Shea's trip.


We went to Solvang. It's so cute! We shopped, we tasted every Danish pastry in sight, I found a new Vera Bradley purse for 50% off! And... I bought my aebleskiver pan! I sense a party coming on!

We encouraged babies and kids to play with weapons. :-)
The toy bow is now Shea's favorite toy.

And all the sudden we realized that my sister's baby had grabbed the toy bowie knife. It made a great chew toy, but looked so freaky we had to take pictures
I love her "I will get you" face in this one. :-)

7 comments:

  1. That trip looks like so much fun. Crab sounds good right now.

    You should come visit my blog at:

    choosymom dot blogspot dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm so glad you guys were able to visit the central coast. I love it up there, especially Pismo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny to see our old stomping grounds. It looks so much more fun if you just focus on all the touristy stuff and not actually living in one of the dumpy towns between all the attractions. I never went to Crakced Crab, didn't know it was so good, maybe next time I visit. If you ever go back you have to get Clam Chowder from Splash Cafe. That was our Pismo Beach staple. And a cinnamon roll from Old West Cinnamon Rolls (I think that's what it's called).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you finally posted Pismo! I have been waiting, and you did not disappoint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up just a bit farther north from there in the Bay Area. The elephant seals pictures remind me of our field trips- those things are so stinky and gross! Fun trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great pot of our trip. It was such a fun trip. Your posts are always so entertaining. Thanks for the enjoyment a second time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great pot of our trip. It was such a fun trip. Your posts are always so entertaining. Thanks for the enjoyment a second time!

    ReplyDelete