CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The village

I know I've bragged before about what a dream this phase of our lives has been. A DREAM! I love it here. I love SoCal. I love the weather, I love, love, love being at home with my babies. I love my job. I love our ward. I love my calling. I love that Chris gets to be home with us a lot. I love being able to do all the fun SoCal things, Disneyland, the jewelry district, the museums, the beach (even though I secretly hate the beach) the food, etc. etc. etc. There's so much fun stuff to do here. It never gets old. But what I really really really really really love is the Village. Or rather the people in the village. I love that at least twice a day I can walk directly outside my door and find this:
5-10 of my favorite women on the planet and all their kids. I am in heaven and my kids are in heaven! What will I do when we don't have this?

I love these women. Jaime and Lauren are the most service-oriented, loving, thoughtful, kind women I know. They babysit my kids, they make us dinner when we're sick or stressed, they always have the ingredients that I forgot to get from the grocery store, they even anticipate my needs. Before I even started thinking about Clare's birthday, Jaime and Tamara brought me their cupcake books and Lauren called from a good Albertsons sale to see what cake mix I would want and then bought it and brought it to me! They tell me about good sales, they share shipping charges with me, they always let me vent and always have good suggestions for everything!!

I love you!! I love it here, I never want to leave. Washers and dryers are overrated. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I secretly kinda hate the beach, too! Love the sound of the waves and how much my kids love it, but hate the sandy everything for days, the sunburns, hauling all the beach toys and towels, etc.
    I do miss the Village! More space and yes, the washer and dryer are amazing, but having so many friends so close is undeniably wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embrace the moments, embrace the people around you, Jenna, EMBRACE!

    I feel the same way about this phase of my life too. I'm so happy for you- XOJODY

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad! We're definitely missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it here too for those reasons as well. It is SO hard to say goodbye year after year to those you are so attached to! It about kills me every year! What lucky ladies you have to have you has a neighbor!

    ReplyDelete