CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Change of plans


We've been putting off this posting, knowing how some might react, but it's time we let our friends and family know. After much consideration, I've decided to quit my PhD program and return to playing in orchestras. Being back in L.A., I've gotten in touch with my old teacher and conductor and he said they have a place for me beginning next season. It's a big step, but Jenna and I feel it's the right thing to do. I've just been so stressed out and bogged down with homework in my program that I don't have enough time to help with the kids. With the orchestra I'll only be gone at night when they're asleep, that way Jenna can get her work in during the day. Most of all, playing music is what I love.

Thank you for all your support.

4 comments:

  1. Your cover was blown last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was totally fooled I have to say that I was very concerned at first. I mean, I would be totally impressed with Chris's love for the tuba, but I kept thinking about how much stress this would be for Jenna!!! It finally hit me after about 20 minutes of worry. Way to go Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it! I almost posted a comment about how unlikely that was (especially if Chris was actually hoping the marriage would last) and how SURE I was that it was an April Fool's joke. But...obviously there was still like 1% of me that wondered, "What if?" Then I'd feel really dumb. Glad to know you are NOT walking down that artistic road. :)

    ReplyDelete