CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Things I'd forgotten about having a newborn!

1. Just how good that tiny, swaddled up bundle feels sleeping on your chest.
2. How adorable daddys look with that tiny swaddled up bundle sleeping on their chests.
3. How much Shout you go through.
4. That smell!!!! Ohh yummy!!!!
5. Just how bad breastfeeding really does hurt in the beginning.
6. How hard it is to wake up for a 5:30 am feeding when you've already done two since you "went to bed."
7. How seriously teeny, tiny they are. (Even when they're born at a healthy 8'4".)
8. How gross the liquid yellow poo is. (Sorry, too much info, I know, but if you've had kids you know what I'm talking about!)
9. Just how enormously you love them from the very first minute.

What am I forgetting moms and dads?

5 comments:

  1. How fast they grow! I look at pictures when Nora was born and I can't believe that was her!

    I love this post! (The poo stuff is SO TRUE!!)

    We can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsey is right! I can't believe how quickly 19 years goes by. WAY too fast. Drew was just born! Now he's leaving. Enjoy every second - even the "not so enjoyable"/yellow poo seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't live w/o Shout OR Oxyclean during those yellow poo days! I can't wait to see more pics. Post pics of her in her blessing dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it so awesome! Now I realize how fast they grow up and I'm enjoying every minute of the baby stage. But not enjoying the lack of sleep.

    I love when their little mouths make an "O" shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've got it all. I forgot how their first coos and giggles are the best sounds on Earth. How is everything going? We miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete