CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 2, 2007

Family Home Evening

(Coloring President "Hinkey" at the end of FHE tonight)

I know I've gushed about our FHE packets before, but seriously. I swear, tonight we had the best FHE with a 2-year old in the history of FHE! These packets are amazing! Chris was in charge tonight and he pulled out the Prophets packet. This awesome packet starts off with the song Follow the Prophets. It has a laminated color photo of every prophet in the song for the kids to hold. We just did the first verse with the photo of Adam and Eve then we showed Shea all the other pics. He held them all and repeated their names. He can now tell you who they all are and that they were all prophets and that a prophet talks to Heavenly Father and Jesus and then tells us what they want us to know. Usually Shea lasts 5-10 (maximum) minutes for FHE. So at this point tonight I looked at the clock and he has been TOTALLY concentrated and into it for almost 20 minutes! He was having such a good time we kept going. We pulled out the latter-day prophets matching game in the packet. He held a picture of each modern-day prophet and said their names, then we layed them on the ground and he matched them (by color and shape) to their "focus" or something important they did. THEN he still wanted to color the coloring page of President Hinkley. FHE lasted almost 45 totally fun, focused, learning minutes tonight. IT WAS AWESOME. And all this with absolutely no prep or work. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my packets!!!!


(April, Julie and Amber - we're doing another FHE packet exchange with girls in my ward because we love the first ones we did so much. I'm making you three a copy of mine this time. The packets are ages 2-5 again, but even if you can't use all of it now, you can pick out bits the little boys will look at or listen to, and then you'll be able to use the whole thing in a while, when they're a bit older. It won't be the best one I'm sure, my friends are so creative! but at least you'll be able to see what they look like and decide if you want to do an exchange in your own ward or with some girlfriends. If you love the packet, let me know and I'll send you the info for doing your own exchange so you can get more packets. It's all about MORE packets!!! They are so awesome!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so excited for these!! The boys usually last a total of 3 minutes but hey, at least we are doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAN'T WAIT! I am the most uncreative person, especially when it comes to FHE lessons. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I've been looking forward to this for a long time. You are so awesome for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful. I'll bet Kamalani would like to see them too. I know she is in a FHE packet group also, but she'd probably share hers too.

    ReplyDelete