CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 2, 2007

Summer Rules!!

We are having the best summer ever! (hence, the no blogging - :-) I can't believe how great it is to be a stay-at-home mom. I am loving it!! Our days start sometime around 8 or 8:30 (HEAVEN!) when Shea and I wake up and go for a 3-mile walk around the neighborhood. We both LOVE our morning walk. Then we come back and have breakfast and get ready for the day. Then we read, or go to the library, or have a play date with friends, go to the pool, or go to the park (although it's getting way too hot lately. It was 103 today - uugghh!) or play a baseball game in our nice cool house. Shea is a fanatic for "playing a baseball game." He actually hits that little ball about every 1 out of 3 tosses. He is SUCH a boy!!! Then daddy comes home from school and we have lunch then daddy prepares his lesson for the next day while mommy and Shea take a nap together. EVERY DAY!! Have I died and gone to heaven??? Then our afternoons are more playing, playing, playing. I LOVE this!!! If only the house would sell, I wouldn't have a care in the world. Summer rules!


One afternoon we took Shea to see a movie. He and Chris were ECSTATIC to be able to sit next to their FAVORITE television personality. I humored them by taking the photo. :-)



One Friday our playgroup went to an awesome park that has a huge fountain for kids to play in. Shea and his friends all had a BLAST!


This is one of my favorite moments this summer. After our walk one morning I was getting ready and Shea was just wandering around waiting for me. He'd been pretty quiet for a few minutes, but I could hear him talking so I peeked around the corner and saw this. He was reading to his Tiggers. I listened to him turn every page in that book and tell those Tiggers the story word for word. I can't believe how sweet and smart he is. I love him SOOO much!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How precious is that seeing him read to his tigger. Jenna, you are such a great mom!! Love all your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, tender! love that last pic. he really is a precious lil' boy! i'm glad you're enjoying the adventures of being a stay -at-home mom. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is remarkable. I miss him. This is an adorable picture. It's my new wallpaper.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete