CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Parking Tickets

I realize that we live in LA and parking tickets are a way of life here, but I hate them! We've had three (just for the record: me = two, Chris = one) in the six months that we've lived here. We don't have extra money to pay for parking tickets! Geez!

So this last one I got as I was trying to avoid the $7 that I have to pay every time I go to the OB - and in the last month, that's every single week as you probably know. So two weeks ago I parked my car a couple blocks away and walked to the office so I didn't have to park in their garage. There were a bunch of different signs in the neighborhood that I parked in, so I studied them very carefully, found a spot that applied to me and parked.

What did I find when I got out of the Dr.'s office - 14 minutes later? A $47 ticket! I was outraged! A friend said that if you send in an appeal letter with photos they usually drop it. So this week when I went, I put my car exactly where it was, took a ton of pictures of all the signs and how my car was parked and wrote my letter. As I handed it to Chris to look at before I sent it in, it took him about 5 seconds to point out what I didn't see in 2 weeks of parking there, staring at the signs, taking pictures and writing a letter defending myself.

This...



Oh wait, does that big one on top say 9am - 2am? Pretty much every hour of the day and night?! Yep!!! Nice going Jenna.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure where your stats are coming from. I haven't gotten any parking tickets.

    ReplyDelete