CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Stitches!!!


Yes!! That is my poor, sweet little man sporting 4 nasty stitches on his cute little forehead. We now have a solemn agreement that these are the ONLY and LAST stitches allowed in his lifetime. It happened on Friday. All 4 of us were out running errands together, I dropped Chris and Shea off at UCLA and ran to do a few errands while they did a few things Chris had to do on campus. I had barely pulled into the Kinko’s parking lot (which – side note, is the only Kinko’s I’ve ever seen that has Valet parking. Only in LA!) when the phone rang. So I answer it and it’s Chris who’s exact words to me (spoken super fast and franticly) are, “You have to come back and pick us up right now, We have to take Shea to the Emergency room.” Um… what? Are you kidding me? NOT the phone call a mom wants to get. So I rush back up there to find my baby and his daddy covered in blood and both super duper sad. Shea had fallen head first down some sharp stone steps and gashed his forehead open. Luckily, the UCLA Medical Center is just around the corner and we got him over there quick. He was an amazingly brave little man and only cried once. Shea’s ok with his “big owie” now, not because as Daddy’s been telling him, that chicks dig scars, but because his forehead now looks like a football. :-) Boys.

Chilling with Daddy in the ER

Waiting for the stitches

Letting the local anesthesia work its magic.

The stitches

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! Poor widdo guy!

    #1 -- Valet parking...

    #2 -- Kinley has a matching scar. Also received in the good care of her father, while I was giving a talk in sacrament meeting, no less. Actually, right after I finished, thank goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been a total mess. It looks like Shea was one tough dude. Cute hair and the valet parking cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little Shea!!! Spence has a scar in the same spot, only rotated 90 degrees. He, however, was not NEARLY as helpful as Shea was. He had to be sedated. Yeah, they gave him some kind of paralyzing drug that knocked him out (though he wasn't all the way under) while they stitched him up. Crazy. Not fun for a mom to go through. Shea, milk it for what it's worth and get lots of special treatment! Sounds like you were a trooper. We joke that our boys will be identified in the ER by scanning their heads for scars. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenna, you are gorgeous. That's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really bad! Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete