CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Have I always been like this

or is it getting worse??
I'll be the first to admit that I have a serious problem with needing things to go a certain way (my way - in case you hadn't inferred that). But I feel like it's getting worse and worse lately. The problem right now is THE LIST! Every day I wake up with some enormous number of things on the list that I feel need (NEED) to be done that day. So I get a plan in my head for how the day will go and how I'll get that ridiculous number of things done - and then it never happens how I want it to and I end up melting down!!! It's 1:35 right now & my house should be picked up (it's NOT!!!) I should have had the laundry done & folded by now (it's still in the dryers.) Clare should be peacefully sleeping in her crib (HAH!!!) I should be sitting on my couch watching a rerun, that I haven't seen, of Without a Trace, while working online and eating my lunch (I've seen this episode 3 times, I haven't even logged on to start work and I have yet to make me a lunch!) AND I haven't even started on the things that are actually written on the list. I feel like crying (and now I have to re-do my hair too - which is not even on the list and I don't have time for - but have to do because Chris turned the shower on when I was bent over the tub trying to clean Clare up from a blow-out and totally soaked the back of my head.)(I was really mad & swore alot & kicked him in the butt - which was kind of funny.) AAAGGGHHHH! Help!!!

6 comments:

  1. Ok - you MUST get a realistic grip on what can be accomplished in a day, and you will be MUCH happier. Here's an idea - - -take the list and prioritize it 1-5 at the max. If there is time left over and you WANT to, do another thing on the list. If not, pat yourself on the back, you got all the important things done, and the rest can be reordered TOMORROW!!!!
    Love ya
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jenna, I'm afraid I'd be no help at all. :( I suffer from the same phenomenon. But the extreme alternative of making no list at all isn't helpful either. Then I don't stay moving along and I'm sadder at the end of the day because even LESS got done!! I feel your pain!! BUT, I will say that once I removed the timetable and DID add things like shower, put on make-up, etc. it made things much easier. I had to remove the order and the expectation of time altogether. It minimized the total meltdowns. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna, can I ask for a favor and put something else on your list. You're the only wife I've known supporting a spouse through a graduate degree. Darryl is defending his thesis on June 9th. Yeah! That's only one week away. Do you have any advice for what I should do during the defense. I really can't follow along with the subject (mathematics), but what can I do to help him out. What was it like for you watching Chris through it?
    Loves,
    Stacey Wade

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have the same intentions. but it goes down the drain the minute i turn that stinkin' alarm clock off and roll over to go back to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with your mother! Choose the top most important things which must be accomplished and go from there. Your frustration has been my primary one for the past 7 years! You are an amazing woman and mother. You are accustomed to accomplishing much in a short amount of time. Love, Jody

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree with your mother! Choose the top most important things which must be accomplished and go from there. Your frustration has been my primary one for the past 7 years! You are an amazing woman and mother. You are accustomed to accomplishing much in a short amount of time. Love, Jody

    ReplyDelete