CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I AM NOT KIDDING!!!


Ok, sorry for this highly inappropriate cartoon, but I couldn't resist. You will not believe what I paid at our local pump today. Are you ready for this people??? Brace yourselves. The Chevron on the corner of National and Westwood (where we've gassed up since we moved here) currently has REGULAR UNLEADED at...


$4.15!!!!!!


Gag me with a spoon!!!

I can not afford anything anymore. Bread at my corner Vons? $4.59/loaf. One. Loaf. Of. Bread. Are they kidding? $10 for the two loaves of bread that my family will eat this week? Eggs and milk? I can't even talk about (thank goodness for WIC or we wouldn't be eating eggs or drinking milk.) What I wouldn't give for a Walmart! All you Provoans who have two within a few miles, don't take it for granted - go there often and buy bread at less than $4.59/loaf just for me. :-)

-Ok, just for you Megan: Eggs $4.69/dozen. Regular, white, XL, normal eggs. And milk $4.59/gallon. Regular, white, 2%, normal milk. AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH (I remember NEVER paying more than $1 for a dozen eggs OR for a gallon of milk, price matching at the Mart!)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I can't even believe that! But you have made me very curious about the milk and egg prices...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am dumb - what do the initials on the gas price sign mean? I'm sure something appropriate for the ridiculous price of gas (4.09 in good 'ole MI).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel too bad about gas, my car only takes premium for which I had to pay $4.44 for last week. At one station, it was $4.64 but I drove farther because that was too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I am so very very sorry! Next time I go to get those items I'll think of you!

    ReplyDelete