CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Book Exchange



A month or so ago, my cute friend Betsey (oh you, the Chard and sweet Nora will be sorely missed!!) had what she called a book exchange. It was SOOOOO much fun!!! I can’t wait to do it again and all of you book lovers out there should organize some in your neighborhoods. She had us all bring books that we’ve read and didn’t need at home any more. You all know the ones. The books that you read and didn’t love, or the ones that you never even finished, or even ones that you liked but just don’t want forever. So anyway – we all bring our books and Betsey put them in huge gift bags on the coffee table. The first girl in the circle grabbed a book out of a sack, without looking. The next girl, like in the Christmas gift exchange, could either take a book out of a bag or steal one already out. We decided that books could only be stolen 3 times before they were stuck w/ whomever had them. At the end, any books you ended up with and didn’t want we all put together and Betsey donated! Brilliant!!!! Fun, friends, books AND treats. My kind of afternoon!! Here’s my haul. Now I really, really, really wish I had time to read. ☺

4 comments:

  1. That is such a good idea. Lets do that again. We could also do this with other stuff....like all the stuff I took to DI recently. Some of it was cool stuff, we just don't use it, ya know???

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea. if you don't have time to read kite runner the movie was awesome! so so sad but so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna,
    I found your cute blog through Megan Bradshaw's. It's so fun to see what you've been up to! This is a great idea! It's so old, I don't even know if you'll see this, but if you haven't read Kite Runner or Love Walked In yet, I'd start with those. Kite Runner is one of my favorite books ever and I just finished Love Walked In and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete