CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Home!

We're home. We've never been so happy to be all together. I knew Clare missed her routine and her home but when we walked through the door this afternoon she let out the most adorable squeal of delight and was kicking her arms and legs with joy. I was surprised that she reacted so overtly. It made us so happy that she knows that she belongs here and was so excited to be home! We've had the best day. Just sitting on the couch, playing games, having dinner, just being together. Family is the most amazing thing in the world. I'm so happy to to have mine all under one roof again.
So...
Clare's white blood cells were tested again this morning and her ANC (absolute neutrophil count) had gone from 0 to 375!!! So, while we're not at the safe 1500-2000, they felt that she should be ok to go home. In fact, with all the people who were walking in and out of our hospital room and having just come from other sickies rooms, she's probably safter at home. The worry is that if she gets sick again, her body has no way to fight and she'd have to be hospitalized again immediately. So we have to be very careful as I mentioned before. We have to wash hands every time we hold her, use lots of antibacterial stuff, no one but us can come close to her w/out a mask etc. etc. But, only until her neutrophils are back up. Her levels will be tested again on Tue. We're still unsure of the cause of all this, but were able to rule out Kawaskai's Disease and some other things. So until they get all the results of all those tests back they think it was just a virus that was attacking her bone marrow and preventing it from making the neutrophils. So now that it's long gone, they should be able to quickly regenerate. If they don't then we'll have a bone marrow biopsy later next week, but we're sure that won't happen!!
Thank you again everyone for all your love and prayers and service, they've been felt and appreciated.
We love you!!

10 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than home and family! I'm so happy that clare is home. You are still in our thoughts and prayers as you figure out what the diagnosis is! YEAH FOR CLARE! She is such a brave girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so happy for you. I was so worried about Clare and you guys. This just happened to my friend who has a one month old and it just about killed her to watch them do all those crazy tests to a little baby. I can only imagine. Let us know what happens on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I'm so happy! YAY YAY YAY!! And I'm so happy you are all together again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relief!! Clare's gleeful reaction to being home once again is priceless. What a wonderful day you all enjoyed together as a family yesterday! It reminds us all what truly is paramount in life--not praise and money and high honors, but a loving family and precious time with them. We're still praying for you guys. Enjoy the weekend, and enjoy getting better rest yourself, Jenna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been out of town and just read your blog. How scary! I am glad that things are getting back to normal, though. I hope her tests turn out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank goodness! so glad to hear she's home and that's so cute about her lil' squeal of delight upon returning :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenna-
    I just read your blog entry outloud to Dave and his response was, "What the heck? I guess we all have our challenges. Tell Jenna we are praying for her." That sums it up for our family. I'm so delighted that you are home and doing well.

    We still haven't taken our baby out after having battled RSV. I went back to work on Friday (I took 4 personal days until then) and both my mom and mother-in-law are going to be helping with Alyssa until the 1st part of April. It is horrible when babies are ill.

    Love you- you are in our prayers...
    XOJODY

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is great news! Come on little neutrophils! We'll continue to pray for our little Clarabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenna
    I'm thinking of you guys and remembering you in my prayers. Sending love from the other side of the world,
    Melissa (and Bean, and Sprout, and Joseph)

    ReplyDelete