CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

And a Merry Christmas to All!

Merry Merry Christmas!
We hope everyone's was as wonderful as ours was. We had such a nice day yesterday and Monday. I love the traditions of Christmas. One of my family's longest running Christmas traditions is to enjoy chili and donuts (thanks Grandma Hansen) on Christmas eve, and as you know from previous posts (how does chili come up so much on our blog? :-) I do not enjoy chili! So I was excited that I'm the mom now and if we're not having Christmas with my family I get to decide what we eat on Christmas eve right? Wrong! Chris was loathe to give up this family tradition and was very stubborn that we continue it (yes, he loves chili!) So Christmas Eve saw us having chili and donuts and watching Joy to the World and reading Luke 2. It was such a nice evening. Then Shea went to bed and Chris and I wrapped and put things together, while watching Christmas movies. Being the parents is fun, the anticipation is almost as great as it is when you're the kid! I didn't sleep well at all, I was so excited for Shea to wake up and see what Santa had delivered. My favorite thing when I woke Shea up at 8 was his first comment. "Mommy, I heard Santa and the real reindeer and the bells on my roof last night." Wow! He was so excited, he's absolutely convinced he heard them. I love it!

Christmas morning was so much fun!! Shea loved everything and had a blast, except for this little slip up. A week or so ago, Chris and I took Shea to the Guitar Store where he got to play the...(drum roll please) DRUMS! He wants nothing more in life than to be a drummer, and it was heaven for him to play a bunch of different sets that day. Well, we were there to get him some drum sticks as my wooden spoons are never available to cook with because he is constantly spreading all the couch pillows out around him and "playing the drums." So we thought real drum sticks would be better than wooden spoons and that he'd love them. So, they are the first thing he pulls out of his stocking and he looks around and gets a really sad look on his face and says, "But where are the drums? I'm sad that no drums came." Oh, we didn't anticipate that at all! We SUCK!! Happily, he quickly got over it when he saw all the other great stuff, including the "cool, big boy bike" that he'd been asking for.

That afternoon we were able to go up to Ventura to have Christmas Dinner with Aunt Dee, Uncle Greg and Cam and Cole. They spoiled us rotten and dinner was amazing!!! We had such a great Christmas and hope you all did too. We love you!






2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!! I am glad you guys had a great one. Matt gets bummed about the chilli and donuts. We have a big dinner on Christmas Eve at my moms and it doesn't include that. Miss you guys tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, the look on the face is definitely disappointing = = =what is he supposed to do with drumsticks and no drum????
    I'm glad you had a nice day. We love you.

    ReplyDelete