CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Shopping for mommy's present

Last night Shea and I went looking for his present for Jenna, but it turned out to be a little more difficult than I had expected. After I (very lovingly) vetoed his first couple ideas, a big girl bike and Legos, it became a lot less fun for him. I tried to steer him toward clothes, but he didn't like anything. For some reason, he decided it was a good opportunity to try out all his different ways of saying no. There was the usual "No way, Jose." But then he started getting more creative. "Umm... probably no," and my favorite, "I was all like, 'no!'" Of course, in his little kid voice it was more like, "I was aah yike, 'no!'" Unfortunately, when he did finally decide on something, I had to say no again (Jenna can thank me that she's not getting a bright blue muumuu with a pattern of pink cupcakes, or as Shea called it, "food clothes"). We came to a consensus in the end and got mommy something nice, but for a while it was more like hostage negotiations than Christmas shopping. Honestly, how stubborn can a two year old be???

3 comments:

  1. His negotiating is so funny! For this very reason, we've started the tradition of taking our kids to the dollar store and letting them pick out a gift for everyone in the family. Cheap, I know. But then I don't feel so bad when they pick something really, really lame! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm..... food clothes.... if the food was REAL maybe....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hysterical!! I swear, our best laugh every week is reading the funny things he says and does!! We love it.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete