CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Wicked Nursery

It is SOOOO hard to teach your child appropriate behavior when you just CANNOT stop laughing! Chris and I both knelt down with Shea to say his prayers tonight. Sometimes he doesn't want to do it himself so I was prompting him tonight. All was normal until from somewhere he started putting this random adjective in front of everything:

Mommy: We're thankful we could go to church today.
Shea: We're thankful we could go to wicked church today.
(I peer over his head at Chris who looks as puzzled as I feel.)

Mommy: I'm thankful I could go to nursery.
Shea: I'm thankful I could go to wicked nursery.
(Chris & I are starting to giggle discreetly - where is wicked coming from?)

Mommy: Please bless President Hinkley.
Shea: Please bless wicked President Hinkley.
(I know, it's so irreverent but Chris and I were totally loosing it by now.)

Mommy: Please bless the missionaries.
Shea: Please bless the wicked missionaries.

We were laughing so hard that I just ended his prayer at this point. When he sat up he said, "There is a wicked witch in Sleeping Beauty hun mom?" Apparently you can't pray at our house until you've thoroughly discussed what you're thinking about first.

2 comments:

  1. Does he really understand what a teenager is? That is too funny! I guess he had a one-tracked mind when he was saying his prayers. I would pee my pants too! HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete