CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary Love!

Chris and I celebrated our 5th anniversary this week. I am so grateful for Chris. He is the perfect compliment to me and I to him. He's funny and strong and the best priesthood holder I could hope for in my home. He'll tell you he's lazy, but he is a very hard worker and takes his responsibilities (at home, school and church) very seriously. He is an amazing dad! His kids idolize him. He is the best I.T. guy a family could ask for. Our technical situation at home is envious. He supports all nine thousand pots I've got my hands in and helps me with everything! He still makes me crazy on a regular basis, but I wouldn't trade him for anything! We decided at the Cheesecake Factory on Friday that we're much better now than we were 5 years ago. Learning how to live with someone is definitely a good thing. We also have learned how to fight with each other. We had some knock down drag outs in the first few years - now when we disagree, we just don't talk much for a few hours until it blows over. Something I definitely prefer! :-)

Chris made my day SUPER special. Since sending me to the spa for the afternoon could never happen on our budget, he brought the spa to me! He totally researched how to do all this and then ordered everything on the internet. It was fun to see all these little packages arriving all week long and speculating what was in them. So in the middle of the day Friday, I got a spa afternoon! I got a full body massage (candlelit w/ Beethoven playing) with hot rocks (AWESOME!) then a coconut milk, candlelit bath and then a delicious mango lotion massage to end. I felt glorious afterward. He got his first new set of scriptures since seminary. Then sweet Erica and Tom watched the kids so we could go on a date. It was a wonderful day.

I love you Chris. Here's to the next 5!!
(these are the WAY too expensive (Christopher!) but totally gorgeous roses that he sent me.)

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Taylor and I will be celebrating 4 coming up here. Time flies by. And WOW what a treat. A in-house spa :) I think that is even better than going to the spa! Both Taylor and I think you guys are the greatest! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!! Five is a big milestone! We'll be doing that next year. I love how Chris is totally detail-oriented and did that spa for you! He's definitely an example to the rest of the husbands out there...(ahem, Richard.) Haha, just kidding. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I love that picture of you two! Was that an engagement picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Happy Anniversary!! I suspect we will be seeing Flood Baby #3 in 10 months- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post! Way to go, Chris - you've upped the bar very high for our hubbies! Congrats on #5!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! My favorite part of your message was to see how you have learned to take ANY budget and turn it into an elaborate affair! Hats off to you for 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys ARE perfect for each other. I think Chris has loved you since the momment he met you. I remember when he was staying with Kevin and me and he was loving you even then trying to figure out what to do about it. I'm so glad you are together and so happy. Keep working together and the next 5 years will be even better!! I just wish we were near you guys to enjoy those years with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! You two are such a cute couple. Sounded like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey You! I left another comment under your book exchange post, but I didn't know if you'd go back that far to check them. (Is there some way to be notified of comments that I don't know about?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey You! I left another comment under your book exchange post, but I didn't know if you'd go back that far to check them. (Is there some way to be notified of comments that I don't know about?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! I'm a little late, but oh well. 5 years is awesome. I'm with you on the first year or two...it's nice to think we've grown up since then. It sounds like you were treated like a Queen...what a smart guy. I hope you and Chris enjoy the next 50 years...not just five!

    ReplyDelete