CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bugs Bunny on Broadway

For those locals who have never been to the Hollywood Bowl. OH MY GOSH! So much fun. I know you've all seen photos on TV, it's the ginormous outdoor ampitheatre in the Hollywood Hills, just below the Hollywood sign.
(see the Hollywood sign, there in the background?)

My boys LOVE Looney Toons! Love! So I secretly got us all tickets to Bugs Bunny on Broadway, which is the LA Philharmonic playing all the music from a bunch of classic Loony Toons cartoons.
We headed over there about 6pm yesterday. We took our picnic lunch of baguettes, fruit and cheese and had a super nice picnic at the picnic grounds of the Bowl. Then stashed our stuff and headed up to our seats. We were pretty far back - but there is not a single bad seat in the place. It is so open and huge and awesome. We people watched for a half hour or so and then the show began. Shea loved seeing the musicians with their "musical instruments" and when they started the cartoons on the huge screens, he was in absolute heaven. We laughed and laughed and enjoyed ourselves immensely out there under the stars. My favorite moment of the night was when, in one of the cartoons, an opera singer walks out on the stage of the Hollywood bowl, Shea yelled out, super loud, "that's where we are!!!" Everyone around was laughing and thought it was so cute that he figured that out. It was SUCH A FABULOUS EVENING!! We didn't get home until after midnight, but I can't wait to go back. Chris is taking me for the music of Les Mis at the Bowl in August. Can't wait!!!!! Anyone who hasn't been must go!

3 comments:

  1. I took my 9 year old daughter also. My grandfather Michael Maltese wrote many of the cartoons. This was our first time. What a great evening. You described it perfectly. Nice to find your blog doing a search. What a nice family you have.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! Sounds like a ton of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realize this wasn't the focus of your post, but can you tell me more about this meal of baguettes, fruit, and cheese, please? What do you do with the baguettes exactly? ANd what fruit and what cheese?

    ReplyDelete