CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Couponing

So I started couponing again.

What I hate about couponing:
-Sorting through 3 Sunday LA Times every week
-Collating my coupon pages
-Stapling my coupons
-Cutting my coupons
-Organizing them into my coupon caddy
-Making a grocery list (i.e. matching up what we want to eat w/ what's on sale and what has a coupon.)
-Shopping with coupons.

What I LOVE about couponing:
In case you can't tell (grocery receipts don't scan so well) "Today's Total Savings: $167.83"!!
That's a savings of 69%!!! I will take groceries at roughly 30% of their cost ANY DAY!!

I also LOVE that my food storage closet is FULL, no BURSTING with food! Soup, cereal, fruit snacks, fruit cups, peanut butter, juice, granola bars, treats, pasta, pancake mix, cake mixes, condiments, chips, water etc. etc. etc. I have no place to store all this, which is a bummer, 940 square feet are not conducive to a big food storage, so we're forced to stick food under cribs, in drawers etc., but other than that, all this food storage makes me happy happy happy!!

7 comments:

  1. Have you heard about the http://www.thegrocerygame.com/ ? You put in what stores you shop at and it tells you when to buy what products and which sunday the coupons are from. I've heard it's awesome, but we haven't tried it yet. There's a trial you can do that's $1 for 4 weeks or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word, that is some serious savings. why can't i grasp this idea yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the savings, and i love all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are back to couponing! Maybe I'll join you again in the madness... some year :) My cupboards sure aren't bursting at the seams :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!!!!!!! Isn't that such a great feeling? I too just started couponing again (I took a break while moving in and such), and just in time for all the great fall sales! I just finished organizing our food storage in the basement; I'll post some pix soon hopefully. So happy to hear you have bursting shelves!! (Oh, and I'd have to agree with you about all the dislikes of couponing:) Yeah coupons!

    ReplyDelete