CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Melted cheddar delivery system

I LOVE and I mean LOVE cheese. I've always loved it, but then I went to France on a mission and, well, now I love it even more. All types of cheeses. Cow's, sheep's, goat, hard, soft, oozing, moldy, melty, you name it, I've probably tried it and loved it. On special occasions we love this sheep's milk cheese from Costco. Possibly the best cheese on the planet. Although I had this tiny goat cheese round a few months ago with sweet, dried apricots on top. That was heavenly. So while I love special occasion cheeses, right now (really since I was pregnant with Shea) my daily love is a good extra sharp cheddar. And melted, it has to be melted and bubbly and oosing. So, my problem is the melted cheddar delivery system. While pregnant with Shea it was fries, luckily that didn't last too long. Unfortunately, my current choice, tortilla chips isn't much better, although I try to use baked tortilla chips. Today we were out of chips and I was forced to use some old, stale triscuits. Surprisingly delicious!!! This might become my new favorite. What cheeses do you love? What haven't I tried that I need to try?

9 comments:

  1. Special occasion cheese! I love it! I always tell Richard, I want us to have enough money to get fancy cheese (aka special occasion cheese) and not feel badly about it. Cheese is how I gauge prosperity.

    I love feta on salads for everyday use. I've recently discovered that I enjoy Blue Cheese a ton. I used to be so so about it, but now...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I'm addicted to the Laughing Cow swiss cheese and you spread it on Triscuit Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil crackers. It's oh so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on needing the sharp cheddar everday. I haven't tried extra sharp. Just the Tillamook sharp - yummy! I do love the Rondele (I think that's what it' called). It's that garlicky spreadable stuff. Oh and for me it has to be really cold, or really hot. Slightly burnt cheese is my time favorite. None of this half-melted, grease barely starting to ooze, stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think there is a European cheese I've tasted that I haven't just loved! THe smellier, the better!

    As for affordable, you can't lose with muenster. I also love the goat cheese from Costco. Superb!

    ps- Your family is so darling! Love the pictures on the swings, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should be asking you, not the other way around! But if you've got Triscuits, I love them with Havarti (especially the dill kind). And the Boursin cheese from Costco is very yummy too. Cheese makes the world go 'round!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I get a stomach ache just reading this! ugh :(((

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I thought I loved cheese, but you absolutely put me to shame! My tastes are so very unrefined! The best I can recommend is smoked Gouda on a slice of apple. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alright sis, I rarely ever have time to read these blogs, but I have to note for the record I dont believe they have made a cheese that you havent tried. You even drag my wife to a cheese tasking forum at BYU....she still has nightmares :} LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete