CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A grateful heart

Tonight I'm just grateful. For health, for home and mostly for family.
Shea wanted to nap today in mommy's bed so I put him down and came out to get some work done. 10 minutes later he came out so I put him back in bed and sat down again to try and get something done. He came out again, same thing and I put him back again. This time I asked him why he kept getting out and he said, "Mommy, I just want you to lie beside me." So I laid there and just held my baby. How lucky am I??? How could any amount of work be more important than cuddling that perfect little boy as close as I can for as long as I can? Tonight we read stories and sang songs and cuddled some more. I vow to cradle him to me as long as he'll let me.

(On a side note, there was a little earthquake tonight while we were sitting here reading stories. He looked up at me and said, "Why did our house shake mom?" How exactly do you explain an earthquake? :-)

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I felt the earthquake too but wondered if I was imagining things. Guess not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was an earthquake?? How many of these am I going to miss???

    ReplyDelete
  3. !Oh man... earthquakes SUCK!!! I hate them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... you inspired me to set down my spatula and snuggle my little guy. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How big was that earthquake? I remember my first earthquake. I was 5 years old. I was sitting in a rocking chair and it started rocking, so I turned around to see which of my younger siblings was shaking it. Imagine my suprise when nobody was there! Sure do miss CA.

    I'm glad he still cuddles with you. What a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete