CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Chris

33. Man you're old! Wait, I'm about to be 34 so I guess I can't talk. I made a list of 33 things you don't know about Chris. Most are pretty funny and all are interesting. Chris begged me not to post these. Sorry honey! It's my blog and I'll post if I want to!! :-)

1-Chris has the most ridiculously long outer ear hairs. (I trim them. You're welcome!)
2-He went to the Idyllwild music school on a summer scholarship when he was a teenager.
3-He was a drama geek in HS and college and did a ton of plays.
4-He can eat his weight in candy each week. (Yes, it's a financial hardship.)
5-He loves Halloween and coming up with original costumes for Shea esp.



6-He does not think our 46 inch TV is big enough and covets the 52 inches as Costco.
7-He allegedly walked back from Tijuana once with illegal fireworks strapped to his chest. (I do not believe this still - but he swears it's true.)
8-He learned to swim by being thrown repeatedly into the pool by an old German guy.
9-He loves scouting and is an eagle scout.
10-He is an accomplished tubist.
11-He also plays guitar, sax, piano, banjo, accordian, etc. (All of which, I'm forced to store in our tiny apartment.)
12-He knew I was supposed to be his wife the first minute he saw me.
13-Chris loves dogs and can't wait until we live someplace where we can have one.
14-He is the middle of 5 kids. There is a 9 year span between him and his siblings on both sides.
15-He can (and has) made braised lamb with mint sauce.
16-He will do anything around the house I ask him to help with.
17-He will do almost anything to get out of doing dishes.
18-While in a French PhD program, he prefers London to Paris.
19-He has been on Jeopardy! and won $2,000.
20-He has perfect vision and perfect teeth.
21-His best friend from Jr. High through college is a self-proclaimed fat Mexican named Tacho.
22-Ragtime is his all time favorite musical.
23-He believes Tommy's chili is the food of the Gods.
24-He never really liked or played video games until we got our Wii.
25-He has correctly guessed every single birthday, Christmas or Father's day gift I've ever given him before he opened it. I hate that I can never surprise him!
26-He is a really good teacher.
27-He hates, really hates having family pictures taken.
28-His teams are the Angels, Lakers and Rams.
29-His dream is to go on a cross-country trip to visit all the baseball parks and temples in the US.
I have 4 more but he's making quit posting this "crap."
So I'll end with,
I love you party pooper. :-) Happy Birthday.

(Shea at dad's party wearing all the hats!)

7 comments:

  1. I would also like to company him on his cross-country trip to visit baseball parks as I love baseball too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those were great! I didn't know a lot of those. I love the "baseball parks and temples" trip. So, 9 years on both sides, really? So he was basically an only child for MANY intents and purposes! And I don't remember ever seeing pics of that amazing Elvis costume. Did you make that one TOO???? You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so great! Happy Birthday to Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just toured Fenway park, it was great. My sister lives in Boston so i get to visit her there. Happy birthday to Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the post! Great to get to know Chris a little better :) Glad you got as far as you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! (I'm totally stealing this for Jeromy's birthday, btw) I can't believe he's guessed every single present!? Even the ones you had sent to our house to throw him off!?!? Man, we totally miss you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete